PLAY INCUBATION COLLECTIVE LETTER OF AGREEMENT FOR THE CONSORT
This is a letter of agreement between Play Incubation Collective (PIC) and the artists involved in The Consort Mini Residency and Reading. Please read the agreements below and sign your consent.
1. Services Provided. Artist agrees to accept position as hired and to execute said role(s) as directed relative to the Development Project by PIC and as established in rehearsals and public presentation.
Rehearsal will be held on Wed. May 24th from 3-6pm at Ethel the Barn, 60 High St, Southampton, and the presentation will be held on Thurs. May 25th from 7:30-9:30pm. (ARTISTS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 7:00PM on the 25th)
2. Compensation. PIC agrees that artists will be paid $20/hr for rehearsal and presentation time. All funds to be paid by check upon completion of the project. Artists are being hired by PIC as independent contractors. Playwright is compensated an additional $20/hour for 18 hours total of writing time.
3. Feedback. Artists are expected to participate in the feedback and dialogue with playwright during worksessions as needed. Artists also agree to participate in community discussion as part of the presentation on the 25th.
4. Health/Covid Safety. If any artists are exposed to Covid or have Covid-like symptoms, they are expected to take a rapid test before that day's rehearsal or presentation. Masking will be optional for audience members.
5. Code of Conduct. Artist agrees to read the Play Incubation Collective Code of Conduct and agrees not to violate said code throughout all meetings, rehearsals, performances, and communications. Violations of this agreement by other parties should be reported to PIC Co-founders. All claims will be investigated fully and may include consequences up to the termination of this agreement or legal notification if warranted.
6. Attribution Provision. PIC agrees that Artist’s name will appear on primary publicity tools including website and social media. In future drafts of The Consort, PIC asks to be credited in the script as follows: This play received initial development through a mini residency with Play Incubation Collective. www.playincubation.org
7. Copyright. All rights to the developing work-in-progress are held by Playwright/Writer/Composer. The intellectual property remains with the writer regardless of any contributions or ideas made by collaborative artists in work sessions.
8. Personal Effects. Artist agrees that PIC is not liable for the security of Artist’s personal property or effects.
9. Press. Artist agrees to direct any press inquiries to PIC, or seek approval from PIC before answering any press inquiries personally.