PLAY INCUBATION COLLECTIVE ARTIST AGREEMENT FOR Return To Abya Yala
This ARTIST (“Agreement”) between YOU (hereinafter “Artist”) and (PLAY INCUBATION COLLECTIVE) (hereinafter “Collective”)
WHEREAS, Collective is hosting the Return to Abya Yala Residency, culminating in two performances of a public reading.
WHEREAS, Collective desires to hire Artist to provide such services to Collective pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement:
1. Services Provided. Artist agrees to accept position as hired and to execute said role(s) as directed relative to the Development Project by Collective and as established in rehearsals and public presentation. Artist agrees to attend all rehearsal when called unless explicitly discussed via email with two weeks notice or under extenuating circumstances. See article 10 more details
The rehearsal and performance schedule is as follows:
All dates take place in 2022.
May 15, 16, 24, 25
June 5, 6, 8, 28, 29 (Salon)
August 11, 16, 18
September 6, 13
The following are from 6:00-8:00pm:
September 20, 21
October 4, 11, 18, 19
November 7, 15, 16
November 28, 5:30-8:30
Dress Rehearsal and presentation- El Mercado: 413 Main Street, Holyoke
November 29; 5:30-8:30pm (final rehearsal)
November 30; 5:30 call time, 7pm show
December 1st; 5:30 call time, 7pm show
Public Presentations on either December 1st and 2nd or 3rd and 4th depending on final venue
2. Compensation. Collective agrees that Artist will be paid $20/hr for all rehearsal and performance time attended.
3. Feedback. Artists are expected to participate in the feedback and dialogue with playwright during worksessions as needed.
4. Marketing. Artist agrees to assist the Collective in marketing by sharing the information on social media if applicable and with their own contacts. This includes assistance with marketing for fundraising as well. Tickets for public presentations are free but low cost, and donations are welcome and encouraged at check out. All participating artists are expected to include this information in their marketing efforts. Necessary links, visual assets, and other information will be sent to all participating artists so that they may effectively market the program.
5. COVID Safety. While in rehearsal, artists may choose to be masked or unmasked according to their comfort level. For all public presentations, audience members will be masked and actors will be unmasked. Artists who are not actors on this project may choose to stay masked for the duration.
6. Code of Conduct. Artist agrees to read the Play Incubation Collective Code of Conduct and agrees not to violate said code throughout all meetings, rehearsals, performances, and communications. Violations of this agreement by other parties should be reported to Co-founders of the Collective. All claims will be investigated fully and may include consequences up to the termination of this agreement or legal notification if warranted.
7. Credit. Collective agrees that Artist’s name will appear on primary publicity tools including website and social media.
8. Copyright. All rights to the developing work-in-progress are held by Playwright/Writer/Composer. The intellectual property remains with the writer regardless of any contributions or ideas made by collaborative artists in work sessions.
9. Personal Effects. Artist agrees that Collective is not liable for the security of Artist’s personal property or effects.
10. Absences, Understudies, and Covers. Artist agrees that should they be unable to execute any duties due to illness, Act of God, or disability, permanent or temporary replacement of Artist is at the discretion of Collective. Artist agrees that all such notifications will be delivered to the Co-Founders within three hours of rehearsal/performance. Artist agrees to help find a suitable replacement. By signing this contract Artist is agreeing to attend all dates listed in article 1 unless otherwise discussed with stage manager via e-mail with two weeks notice or in the extraneous circumstances listed above.
11. Press. Artist agrees to direct any press inquiries to Collective, or seek approval from Collective before answering any press inquiries personally.
This Agreement (riders communicated by email if necessary) constitutes the full, complete, and entire Agreement between Artist and Collective and supersedes all prior understandings, agreements, or arrangements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.