PLAY INCUBATION COLLECTIVE LETTER OF AGREEMENT FOR PIC Kids Summer
This is a letter of agreement between Play Incubation Collective (PIC) and the instructors involved in PIC Kids Summer. Please read the agreements below and sign your consent.
1. Services Provided. Instructor agrees to accept position as hired and to execute said role(s) as directed relative to PIC Kids Summer.
PIC Kids Summer runs Monday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm ET from July 17-August 11th at Bombyx Center for Arts and Equity 130 Pine Street, Florence. Instructors must arrive no later than 8:30 each day and are expected to stay until each participant is picked up and all materials are put away accordingly. Clean up time after Friday sharings may take longer than previous days. Instructor is expected to plan accordingly. Instructions on clean up will be provided at the informational meeting on July 16th. All instructors are expected to attend the July 16th meeting from 5-6pm at Bombyx in person unless previously discussed with directors.
2. Compensation. PIC agrees that Instructors will be paid a flat rate of $850/week, provided that Instructor has worked all five days. Checks will be distributed each Friday. Instructors are being hired by PIC as independent contractors.
3. Artistic Expectations. The foundation of this summer program is a celebration of the creative process. PIC asks that all Instructors ground their work in that spirit. Instructors agree to guide participants through creative exercises that will culminate in a sharing of what they've learned for family and friends. While Instructors are leading participants in rehearsal of this culminating sharing, the emphasis should always be on nurturing creative expression.
4. Absence. If Instructor incurs illness and is not feeling well enough to teach at any time, Instructor must call Directors by 7:00am the morning of potential absence.
5. Safety. Staff understands and agrees that they must never be alone in a room with a single participant. In the event of participant illness or significant injury, a staff member must immediately notify participant's caregiver.
6. Images. All footage (photographs and video) taken during the duration of the program, regardless of the person taking footage, are the property of PIC. If Instructor wishes to access and or use said media for their own marketing purposes, they must discuss with Directors first. However, Instructors are free to re-share/repost anything from PIC's Social Media.
7. Intellectual Property. All class titles and curriculum were developed in collaboration between Instructors and PIC. Therefore, all parties retain the right to future use of this intellectual property, either in collaboration or separately. In the event any party does decide to replicate this programming outside of a future collaboration, all parties are encouraged to engage in conversation with one another prior. I.E. After a conversation, PIC maintains the right to offer future programming with the same titles and similar curriculum with different instructors, and Instructors maintain the right to provide the same programming and class title separately from PIC.
8. Personal Effects. Instructor agrees that PIC is not liable for the security of Instructor's personal property or effects.
9. Press. Instructor agrees to direct any press inquiries to PIC, or seek approval from PIC before answering any press inquiries personally.