PLAY INCUBATION COLLECTIVE ARTIST AGREEMENT FOR INVITATION TO THE DANCE
This ARTIST (“Agreement”) between YOU (hereinafter “Artist”) and (PLAY INCUBATION COLLECTIVE) (hereinafter “Collective”)
WHEREAS, Collective is hosting the Invitation to the Dance Mini Residency and Reading
WHEREAS, Collective desires to hire Artist to provide such services to Collective pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement:
1. Services Provided. Artist agrees to accept position as hired and to execute said role(s) as directed relative to the Development Project by Collective and as established in rehearsals and public presentation.
Worksessions will be held on July 12th and 14th from 7:00-9:30pm at 33 Hawley Street, Northampton in Eli's Room. Public presentation will be held on July 15th from 7:00-9:00pm at 33 Hawley Street, Northampton in the Flex Space. (ARTISTS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 6:30PM on the 15th)
2. Compensation. Collective agrees that Artist will be paid $20/hr for rehearsal and presentation time for a total of $140. All funds to be paid upon completion of the project.
3. Feedback. Artists are expected to participate in the feedback and dialogue with playwright during worksessions as needed. Artists also agree to participate in community discussion as part of the presentation on the 15th.
4. Marketing. Artist agrees to assist the Collective in marketing by sharing the information on social media if applicable and with their own contacts. This includes assistance with marketing for fundraising as well. Tickets are free, but donations are welcome and encouraged at check out. All participating artists are expected to include this information in their marketing efforts. Necessary links, visual assets, and other information will be sent to all participating artists so that they may effectively market the program.
5. COVID Safety. Audience members will be masked for the performance and actors will be unmasked. Actors are expected to take a rapid test on the 12th before the first worksession. Artists who are not actors on this project may choose to stay masked for the duration and, therefore, do not have to take a rapid test.
6. Code of Conduct. Artist agrees to read the Play Incubation Collective Code of Conduct and agrees not to violate said code throughout all meetings, rehearsals, performances, and communications. Violations of this agreement by other parties should be reported to Co-founders of the Collective. All claims will be investigated fully and may include consequences up to the termination of this agreement or legal notification if warranted.
7. Credit. Collective agrees that Artist’s name will appear on primary publicity tools including website and social media.
8. Copyright. All rights to the developing work-in-progress are held by Playwright/Writer/Composer. The intellectual property remains with the writer regardless of any contributions or ideas made by collaborative artists in work sessions.
9. Personal Effects. Artist agrees that Collective is not liable for the security of Artist’s personal property or effects.
10. Absences, Understudies, and Covers. Artist agrees that should they be unable to execute any duties due to illness, Act of God, or disability, permanent or temporary replacement of Artist is at the discretion of Collective. Artist agrees that all such notifications will be delivered to the Co-Founders within three hours of rehearsal/performance. Artist agrees to help find a suitable replacement.
11. Press. Artist agrees to direct any press inquiries to Collective, or seek approval from Collective before answering any press inquiries personally.
This Agreement (riders communicated by email if necessary) constitutes the full, complete, and entire Agreement between Artist and Collective and supersedes all prior understandings, agreements, or arrangements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.